Thursday, June 25, 2009

Want to see people in Stone age? Meet them in state run organizations

There is nothing new that i am going to write in this post. All the people who have interacted with government employees ( Some are good though) would have had similar experience.

Couple of days back i had been to State bank of Hyderabad. I had opened and account there 3 months back and had not received ATM card till now. When i asked one of the employee he took the pass book, did some thing on computer and then said the concerned person is on leave and asked me to come next day. I was not happy but i agrees and went home. Today i go there and saw that the concerned person is available and he said that they have sent it and it seems some one has already accepted the delivery. I said its not my problem its your responsibility to make sure it reaches me. Then he thought for some time and told me OK go and ask the lady who sits there and pointed out a desk. I went there and saw that nobody was there. Apparently she had gone for lunch. I waited for half and hour and then the lady came. When i told her about my problem, she said go and meet a person and pointed out to somebody else. And that person had just gone to lunch. I got furious. I shouted at top of my voice. Suddenly she said she will look into it. Then for an hour they made me sit and i really didnt know what they were doing. Ultimately they said the same thing that they said initially. I didnt know what to do. They were so unprofessional and were behaving rudely. I took my passbook and rushed to the Chief manager and started shouting at him. He seemed to be nice person, talked to me properly and solved my problem. He said that this is a remote branch and only useless people come here to work. He explained that 90% of the work is done by 20% of the people here.

May be these employees are not motivated enough to work efficiently. Or they are not at all bothered as nobody is going to remove them from the job. And these banks doesn't care about the customers at all. Given a choice i would never go to these banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views